Global Excellence in research, teaching, and technology development is the vision of the Department. Department is persistently strive for achieving excellence in computing disciplines. The sustained effort is to produce computing graduates with potential to design and develop systems involving the integration of software and hardware devices; innovative approaches to programming and problem solving as well as creative ways to use Computers; Large scale software systems; and computing infrastructure of an organization.
Department of Computer Engineering is established in the year 1999 to meet the demand for well-qualified computer professionals.
Our aim is to
- Become a pioneering world-class centre of excellence in education and research through collaborative, consultative and participatory approaches
- Nurture effective capabilities for the development of high quality technical and scientific manpower to meet the challenges of the knowledge era
- Foster a learning and creative community that strives to continuously advance the frontiers of knowledge and promote the deployment and usage applications for betterment of society.
The Department is equipped with modern Laboratories and
Software’s costing more than Rs. 1 crore. In addition students are enjoying various facilities like Internet and Wi-Fi.
The Department has a good record of organising seminars, workshops in emerging technological areas. With an objective of developing core competence in the respective subject matter specialisations and special interest groups for learning newer technologies, the Department has formed the following five technical divisions namely:
- Computer Networking, security and Communication
- System Software and Operating System
- Signal & Image Processing
- Artificial Intelligence, NN & Fuzzy systems.
- Advanced Databases
The department is committed to achieve highest order of excellence in the field of Computer Engineering education. Along with the technical knowledge, we also emphasize on the personality development of our students. As a part of this we provide platform to our students to exhibit their talent.
Mrs. Uma Nagaraj
Professor & Head Department of Computer Engg.
Contact No.:020-30253661 Ext.: 601